How cute is this! I remember getting these little sour cream packets from Wendy's (whenever I order a baked potato). I thought this would be a great idea for quick and simple gift ideas. Clearly, we won't be filling the package with sour cream. You can simply add anything that will fit. I'm going to add different candy and give in addition to gifts throughout the holiday season. On my trial run, I filled the replica packet with sweet, little, love notes and gave to "Mr. Paper-Crafts Chick" and he loved it. :o)
What you'll need:
- paper crimper
- double sided adhesive/tape or glue
Here's how I did it:
1. Start with cardstock cut to 5.5" x 6" (you can go smaller if you'd like).
2. Add a double-sided adhesive to 1 of the short sides of the paper.
3. Then repeat on the 2 longer sides. Next, roll the paper (from left to right) to make a tube.
4. Squeeze the tube closed on one end (one of the ends w/ the adhesive). Use a paper crimper and crimp the end to create that classic sour cream packet look.
5. Fill the container with candy or knick-knacks. Then, squeeze the other end closed (but, in the opposite direction). Finally use the paper crimper again to create the crimped look along the edge.
...and there ya go. You did it!
P.S. Check the blog hops tab (at the top of the page) to see where I've hopped today.