Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wind-down Wednesday


Today is known by most people as "hump-day".  It's the day that puts us half-way through the work week and almost to the long-awaited weekend.  Well, I need a weekend-day in the middle of the week.  Anybody else have this need?  To help satisfy this necessity I've decided to create my own little special 1-day weekend...on Wednesday.  From now on, I plan to make every Wednesday my "Wind-down Wednesday".  Have you ever felt the need to getaway from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE?  Then, you need a mid-week break.  We're all entitled to some "me-time".  Aren't we?  Aren't you?  Why certainly!

I kept it simple today.  Afterall, this is my 1st weekend day in the middle of the week - LOL!.  After a full day of work, I realized that cooking would go against anything related to winding down, so I decided to let my personal chef at Quizno's (LoL!) make my dinner.  My toasted sandwich was delish!  YUM!!!  Having my hair done was long over due, so I treated myself to a sweet salon visit and I left the salon looking prettiful!  (Yes, that's my new word - prettiful).  It was nice to be pampered by someone else's hands today.  Wow,  I owed it to myself!  I'm planning to keep this up and make it a weekly thing. 

Got any suggestions on how I'll wind-down next Wednesday?  How do you wind-down after a long day?   





P.S. Check the blog hops tab (at the top of the page) to see where I've hopped today.

10 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower! Will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-hop_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower please follow me back
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from Traveling Through Thursday. I'd appreciate a follow back!
    http://www.ourkidsmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog via the hop and look forward to following along and hope you may wish to do the same! I love your quote on the side bar by Williamson - I needed this today...everyday actually ;)!
    Blessings,
    j
    www.beneaththeacaciatree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower visiting from Traveling Through Thursday! Thank you for this blog hop. I would appreciate a follow back if you have the time!

    http://mommyof2monkies.blogspot.com/

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been following your neat blog from Traveling Through Thursday for a while now. My Facebook page “Inspire” has inspiring messages. I post original quotes up to 3 times a day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm following you from the Traveling Thursday blog hop! i hope you'll come visit my blog and follow back :)

    best,
    april

    www.marineparents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am your newest follower and I look forward to hopping around your site and visiting all the other great blogs along the hop. You can find us at The Mommy Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice blog!

    I'm a new follower from the "Thirsty Thursday" Blog Hop! I Would love a follow back :) It would be awesome if you could also follow me on Networked Blogs & Facebook too!

    Thanks, Misty
    http://MistysThoughtsToo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    I'm a new follower from Pink Dandy Sunday Blog Hop!
    Would love for you to visit my page and follow back!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    Frugal Invitation
    http:/www.frugalinvitation.com
    http://twitter.com/thefrugalinvite

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit the blog. I enjoy reading your comments. What's on your mind?